AASCU’s American Democracy Project (ADP) and Collaboratory are pleased to invite senior leaders to participate in Enacting the Vision: Institutionalizing Civic and Community Engagement on Campus.
This cohort is designed for campus leaders who are serious about operationalizing civic and community engagement across their institutions and who are actively working to identify the most sustainable path forward to support this work. Senior leaders who are committed to prioritizing community engagement as a foundational aspect of their institutional mission, strategy, and infrastructure are invited to join.
Cohort members are invited to participate in quarterly meetings to connect with other leaders to form a community of practice that will discuss how to:
- Define community engagement, sharing effective strategies and approaches
- Ensure that we create more equitable and responsive relationships with community partners
- Build infrastructure to support and sustain deep, pervasive, and integrated partnerships
- Use data to deepen work with community partners and identify the most effective partnerships and models to address pressing issues in the community
- Better tell their institution’s engagement story qualitatively and quantitatively
Call for Participation
The initiative will begin in Fall 2022 and participation is open to any AASCU ADP-member campus. We encourage senior leaders to invite others on your campus who would benefit from these conversations to participate.
Each participating senior leader will be encouraged to involve a small team of 1-2 individuals to join them in these cohort discussions. At least one team representative must hold a position in senior/executive leadership. Ideally, teams will be composed of individuals from various functional areas across campus (e.g., academic affairs, student affairs) that have an interest in building capacity for institutional- and community-focused initiatives. All identified team members are expected to participate in the quarterly cohort calls. Cohort calls are scheduled from 3-4pm ET:
- October 12, 2022
- January 25, 2023
- April 26, 2023
- July 26, 2023
To apply for this initiative, please complete an interest form by 11:59pm (Eastern) Friday, September 2, 2022.