One of the most valuable aspects of being a Collaboratory institution is the opportunity to learn with and from each other. We are excited to announce a series of workshops this Fall, available ONLY to Administrators, to support Collaboratory’s success on their campuses. Our Fall 2019 offerings include:
Gear Up for Back-to-School with Collaboratory!
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 | 2:00-3:00pm EST
School is in session! Join Collaboratory this August to learn about exciting new product developments and resources, hear about the mission and goals of Collaboratory’s new Research Department, and touch base with fellow Collaboratory administrators (and new institutions!) to hear about identified goals and plans for the upcoming academic year.
Institutional Gate Keepers and Data Sources
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 | 2:00-3:00pm EST
From Student Affairs to academic schools and departments, community engagement and public service data exists all over campus. This webinar will engage Collaboratory administrators in a dialogue to offer ideas and strategies for identifying individuals throughout campus to gain access to data. Such questions will be explored:
- Who are the “data keepers” across institutions who can provide access to data?
- What unique areas of knowledge exist on campuses?
- How can data from across campus inform and supplement Collaboratory data?
- How can administrators work to create reciprocity in data collection and dissemination with institutional stakeholders across campus?
Activity Organization and Reporting
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 | 2:00-3:00pm EST
Collaboratory’s unique focus on the engagement activity as the central unit of analysis provides a comprehensive means to identify the various inputs and outputs connected to engagement. However, such a focus often requires us to shift our thinking from how engagement has historically been tracked and “counted”. This webinar will generate dialogue about the various ways to think through and organize activities in Collaboratory, providing key examples and choice points when determining how to capture a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Annual/reoccurring service events or programs
- Capstone projects
- Faculty research
- Ongoing programs and initiatives
Best Practices and Cautionary Tales for Rolling Out Collaboratory Internally
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 | 2:00-3:00pm EST
It takes a village to implement a data tracking system like Collaboratory on campus. Join this webinar to discuss various strategies and methods other institutions have used to roll Collaboratory out on campus. Success and challenges of various rollout strategies will be discussed, such as:
- Hosting faculty and staff informational workshops
- Attending academic department meetings
- Connecting with external affairs, Public Relations, and Marketing
- Assembling faculty committees and task-forces
- Engaging faculty and staff council
- Working with staff data liaisons and student proxies
- Individual faculty and staff meetings
Introducing Collaboratory to Community Partners
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 2:00-3:00pm EST
One of Collaboratory’s core features is making public an institution’s story of engagement. Being intentional about how your institution introduces Collaboratory to your community partners and the general public is key. This webinar will encourage discussion from Collaboratory administrators highlighting successes and challenges they have had while rolling Collaboratory out publicly. Topics of discussion will include:
- Working to secure community buy-in
- Ensuring community voice and adequate representation of partnerships
- Strategies for encouraging use by partners
- Identifying appropriate language and methods of communication for sharing